Kluson 3 Per Side Prestige Series Vintage Vertical Mount Open Bronze Gear Tuning Machines
Kluson® 3 Per Side Prestige Series Vintage Vertical Mount Open Bronze Gear Tuning Machines
These tuning machines are created especially for drop in replacement of old Kluson® tuning machines from the 30’s and 40’s with a 1/4 in. string post diameter. While they look the same, they feature a diecast base, bronze ring gear, stainless worm gear with close tolerance bushings, and 18:1 gear ratio. For solid headstocks with vertical mount.
- Base Plate material= Zinc Diecast
- Worm Gear material= Stainless Steel
- Ring Gear material= Bronze
- Gear ratio= 18:1
- String Post Orientation= Vertical for drilled Pegheads
- String Post Overall length= 1 1/16 in. (27mm w/ domed top)
- String Post Diameter= 1/4 in. (6.35mm)
- String thru hole location= 13/16 in from baseplate
- Mounting hole spacing= 24mm (Vintage Kluson)
- Configuration= 3 + 3
- Mounting hardware included= screws and bushings
- Bushing Dimensions= 6.5mm I.D. / 8.75mm O.D.
- Bushing Type= Hex head push-in
My guitar is Martin O-17 (1934).
I really like it so I didn't want to change its appearance and atmosphere. Unfortunately I could not find the fully vintage shape pegs for a long time.
I saw Kluson Guitar pegs during Stay Home period for Corona and ordered them. I was surprised when I received them because the details of the pegs were real vintage design. I thought the top of the string posts were flat but the pegs I received were round shape and the screw is minus!
They look completely vintage but mechanical is quite modern.
They are perfect !
Kluson 3 Per Side Prestige Series Vertical Mount Open Bronze Gear Tuning Machines
Kluson 3 Per Side Prestige Series Horizontal Mount Open Bronze Gear Tuning Machines
Kluson 3 Per Side Vintage Diecast Series Waffleback Tuning Machines
Kluson 3 Per Side Supreme Series Tuning Machines