Kluson® 6 In Line Or Single Vintage Diecast Series Firebird® Tuning Machines
Kluson®'s reissued Firebird/Banjo tuning machines for Gibson® Firebird®! Staying true to the design in virtually every aspect using planetary gears with a 12:1 ratio (wind rate = to 14.6:1 ratio), the exact mounting screw pattern, housing size and appearance with the 5/16 inch string post. Because these tuning machines have a larger string post they do require the original larger peg hole which is very similar in size to what is used for modern diecast tuning machines.
The “T” and “B” on the bottom plates depict treble or bass side and are only visible when tuning machine is not installed. Available in gold, nickel and chrome plating in sets of 6 in line or individually as listed here.
- Button Shaft= 5/32 in. (3.97mm) w/ opposing flat sides
- Button Screw= 4-48 N.F. tap
- String Post Diameter= 5/16 in.
- Gear Ratio = 12:1 Planetary
- Wind Ratio Equivalent= 14.6:1
- Mounting Screws= #4 X 1/2 in. Phillips raised head Countersink screw
- Bushing= 13/32 in. (10mm) O.D. X 5/16 in I.D.